Saturday, April 3, 2010

Be my guest!

Its been almost three years since we moved to Dallas (read about that here).  I think its about time I get around to decorating the guest room....which we have used as wedding present storage, place for random furniture and where my lovely husband keeps his skate deck collection. Its awful and its time to turn it into a grown up room so my sister doesn't have to sleep on the blow up mattress when she comes to visit.  Decisions Decisions.  I'm looking for suggestions, comments, snide remarks.....

So far.....its feelin pretty puke yellow.....the red pillows are from my chair upstairs, not a good look.

I'm thinking this room NEEEEEEDS this Ikea Stokholm Rand rug:
And this night stand from Overstock:

and maybe this Lamp...I have NO idea where to find it:


I'm on the hunt for a light blue headboard OR something brass...is it too much? Any suggestions? Is it too much black? What color would I paint the joint? Help!!

 I'm going for something like this....minus the double twin beds......oh yeah, and I'm on a budget.

3 comments:

  1. Every room needs an element of black. The rug is perfect. The bookcase would look great in a black too. I like the idea of a gold bedside table and gold lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp is by Nate Berkus on HSN. It was sold out for awhile, but I remember is was restocked about about a month ago or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate! I am hoping to get my hands on it asap!

    ReplyDelete